Monday, January 28, 2008

Return of the BLOG!

Hey what's chillin' homeslizzles? Long time no blog, eh?

It's 2008 now, and I'm fast coming to the realisation that a new year does not a new man make. But this is a good realisation, I suppose. I'm getting back into the swing of things after an extended psychological holiday.

I've been working on a number of small projects, with some bigger ones on the horizon. Here's a bunch of backdrops I did for the shadow-puppet portion of a larger live comedy/musical/puppetry/awesomeness experience titled "Sammy J in the Forest of Dreams".







A couple of weeks ago I was lucky enough to be party to a live read-through (full performance) in a lounge room in Brunswick. Friends, this show is funny. If you're in Melbourne during the International Comedy Festival, you must check it out.

Um, what else? Here's something I did for my girlf:



And here are some leftovers:





Later gators!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice work buddy! That is some Derwent quality pictures right there!

On your recommendation i am now entertaining the thought of experiencing this "puppet comedy act". I am a bit skeptical of your recommendation though as puppets have not been funny since Punch and Judy in the middle ages...

Azzamckazza said...

Fuck dude, those backgrounds are great! I'll be checking out the show for sure.