Friday, April 21, 2006

"Getting ready" music

Due to all my drawing time being taken up by homework, I think I'll post some more random thoughts slash musings here to aid the dying regularity of posts.

Here's one:

For months now I've been trying to figure out what music is best to listen to when you're getting ready to go out. You know what I mean: that tune that makes you pull your pant legs up in time with the beat; the song that makes you play air guitar while you spray on some Rexona; the lyrics that make you wail at the top of your lungs until your dog starts barking and your mum threatens to kick you out of the basement.

Today, I found that music.

Tom Jones generally isn't good for much else besides humorous cameos in Tim Burton films about Martians invading Earth, be he sure makes a good "getting ready to go out" song. I highly recommend anything prior to his "Sex Bomb" period, especially "She's A Lady" and ESPECIALLY "Help Yourself".

So the next time you're slapping on some Brut 33, or pulling up those sexy fishnets (you fox) spin up some Sir Thomas Jones Woodward on the old iTunes and bop along to your heart's content.

Just help yourself to my lips,
To my arms,
Just say the word,
And they are yours!

What's your favourite "getting ready" music?

No comments: