Saturday, October 28, 2006

Shoot Music

I've pretty much finished everything on my short film/art piece "Shoot". I stayed up late last night editing and did the music today. I was going to put the whole video up, but I don't want to spoil it for those of you who will be attending my graduating exhibition (end of November - more deets in a later post).

So instead, I offer you a teaser, of sorts. The music. I spent a good four or five hours today putting it together, and I'm pretty happy with it. Those of you familiar with Jon Brion's work (Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, I Heart Huckabees, Punch Drunk Love) may notice the similarities in style. I didn't rip off any of his melodies or anything, but there's a definite influence there.

Shoot Music - mp3 4.1 mb

All the instruments came from my brother's old Roland SC-88 MIDI module. It's a great little machine.

1 comment:

lucyrogue said...

Oh it is lovely!
And since I won't be at your exhibition, can you send me the whole thing? QUICK before the month ends and the download limit starts over.
HAY your piano skillz have gotten way elite in the past year.
Can you teach me?