Friday, October 10, 2008

New Jobs



Click for big.

Here's a scene mock-up I did for a series of animations titled "Great Moments in Australian History". I was hired to do some character design work, which is super cool and just the sort of work I want to be doing. The series is currently being pitched, and hopefully the pilot episode will be underway soon.

Just realised there's a bit of Guybrush Threepwood in the Wentworth character.

Also, I've been working on a bunch of print ads for "Sammy J in the Forest of Dreams". The people producing the show are doing a great job promoting it, so the ads should be currently plastered all over Melbourne. The show has just toured the UK and is now showing in Australia again at the Melbourne Fringe. They've also got an extended post-Fringe run at the Lithuanian Club, so if you're a Melburner, there's no excuse for not seeing it this time. And I highly recommend you do.





I'm also in the process of designing the poster for The Santaland Diaries, a one-man show written by David Sedaris. Nothing to show from that yet, but I'll post something soon.

And lastly, yesterday I got asked to do an illustration for "Be" magazine, which sounds like a fun gig, although nothing to show from this yet either.

I'll leave you with this radical 90's dude. Hipsters are totally bringing this look back:



G'bye!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooooh boogie. Nice work bro.

Azzamckazza said...

Nice work man.

How are you getting so much work? Dose thou have an agent or art thou verily good at pimping oneself?

Joe said...

A lot of my clients find me through an association I joined called Illustrator's Australia (www.illustratorsaustralia.com).

The find my work on the website and then contact me through that.

I don't have an agent, and haven't really looked into getting one. Most freelancers I know don't speak very highly of them. If you're motivated enough, you can do your own agent work.

I'm not very motivated when it comes to marketing myself. Something I'd like to work on.